Community Voices for Health in Monroe County
Gnarly Tree Sustainability Institute is partnering with Bloomington Health Foundation (fiscal sponsor), Community Justice and Mediation Center, the O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, and Lisa-Marie Napoli Public Engagement Consultant to advance best practices in stakeholder engagement around public health issues in Indiana. The Community Voices for Health in Monroe County team, with funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Community Voices for Health Initiative, will develop and test scalable and replicable models for deliberative and inclusive public engagement in health care practices in Bloomington and the surrounding rural townships and communities of Monroe County, Indiana. Through this effort, the team will:
- Assess the status of health, healthcare needs, and related public and stakeholder engagement efforts in Monroe County;
- Design, develop, and implement a plan for deliberative and inclusive public engagement around priority healthcare issues in Monroe County;
- Analyze and communicate results of stakeholder engagement efforts to appropriate local government, nonprofit, and business leaders;
- Identify potential legal barriers to public engagement at the state and local level and potential options for policy improvements; and
- Communicate models for public engagement and public policy to state-wide organizations to scale best practices to communities throughout the state of Indiana.
This project was launched in April 2020 and has a scheduled completion date of October 2022.
Services: Stakeholder and Public Engagement